We were trying to create satellite assemblies for globalization and figured it out in an MVC application…
first time using YouTube… it’s not very clear, but hopefully it helps! … hopefully when this one has finished processing it will be clearer than it is now… as i said. noob at the (you)tube!
Steps are basically:
- Add the globalization attribute in the Web.config file
- Add a folder for the resx files. (we don’t want it in App_GlobalData as it won’t be compiled into the current assembly, but a seperate one!)
- Create your resx file and contents
- Ensure the resx is set to public.
- Copy the resx
- Create translation (say fr for french)
- Create the view to show the contents
- Test in both languages
So it’s very simple: Create the resx files, ensure they are public (not 100% whether this is needed, not tested yet!) set the globalization attribute in web.config and change your browser language to test!